Epiphany Service Hour Program
What is the program?
The service hour program is a program that requires all Epiphany School parents to volunteer time at school. The current Service Hour period runs from May 1, 2016 until April 30, 2017, to coincide with registration.
Why does Epiphany have a service hour program?
- Encourage greater participation by all parents
- Builds a sense of community
- Taps into talents of parents
- Creates opportunities for students and teachers
- Service hour worksheets will be sent home bi-monthly in Friday folders of the youngest child in the family.
- Fill out the worksheet with volunteer hours completed and return it to the school office.
- Service hour coordinator will accumulate your familyís hours.
- Subsequent worksheets sent home will contain a summary of service hours worked.
- Please continue to record hours beyond your required hours so we can evaluate the programís requirements each year.
- You may also e-mail completed service hours to†Jennifer Jelinek†at firstname.lastname@example.org, Please†Click Here to download an Excel spreadsheet that you can use to submit your hours electronically.
- See†the school website for various opportunities.
- See below list of fundraising or additional categories for ideas.
- Contact†Jennifer Jelinek†(email@example.com) for available opportunities.
- Please note that organized classroom events at school do not count as service hours. These include, but are not limited to, Motherís Day Tea, Grandparentís Day celebration, Owl pellet dissection, and making of Gingerbread houses. Helping with class parties does count towards your service hours. You are also encouraged to eat lunch with your child and participate during recess; this does count for service hours!
- Families with children in grade K-8 are required to participate in this program.
- Two parent families are required to volunteer 15 hours. Single parent families are required to volunteer 8 hours. (Please continue to record hours beyond the required hours so we can evaluate the programís requirements each year.)
- Please note that if you intend to complete service hours while children are present, you are required to complete ďProtecting Gods ChildrenĒ seminar.
- Classroom help
- Field Trips
- Class Parties
- Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts
- Jr. High Dances
- Lunchroom help/Recess
- Room Parent
- Athletics (a maximum of 5 hours may be counted toward service hours)
- Parish activities (a maximum of 5 hours may be counted toward service hours)
- Heavenly Knights - Auction
- Pancake Breakfast
- Spaghetti Dinner
- Scholastic Book Fair
- First Communion/Confirmation/Graduation
- A reminder letter will be sent home in April indicating that the service hour period is coming to an end and your family has not completed their required hours.
- In the event that a family does not fulfill their service hour requirement, that family will be charged $20 per hour not completed by April 30, 2017.
- Please contact†Jennifer Jelinek†(309) 370-6790.